5 Simple Recipes to Impress Your Mom
5th December 2014
Need to impress your Mom with your limited culinary skills? Not an issue. Here we present 4 amazingly simple recipes that will make your Mommy dearest proud!
Quick Banana Pancakes
- Refined Flour- 1 Cup
- Sugar (Powdered)- 2 Tablespoons
- Salt- 1/2 Teaspoon
- Over-ripe Banana (large) - 1 No.
- Baking Powder- 2 Teaspoons
- Vanilla Essence- 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder- 1/2 Teaspoon
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 1 cup
- Unsalted butter- 3 Tablespoons
- Sieve the flour along with the salt, sugar and baking powder till they are evenly mixed.
- Mash the banana to a fine pulp with a spoon.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the mashed banana, milk and mix thoroughly.
- Melt half of the butter and add it to the above mixture.
- Now fold in the flour into the banana mixture whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the cinnamon powder and vanilla essence.
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan and make small pancakes from the mixture.
- Serve hot with honey.
Easy Potato Croquettes
- Potatoes (Boiled and mashed)- 4 no's
- Onion- 1 no.
- Spring onions- 4 no's
- Salt- to taste
- Refined flour- 2 tablespoons
- Green Chilies- 2
- Dried Bread Crumbs- 2 tablespoons
- Cooking Oil- as required for shallow frying
- Finely chop the onion, spring onions and green chilies.
- Combine these with the potatoes, salt and refined flour. Mix well till even.
- Prepare small croquettes from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Coat the croquettes in bread crumbs and shallow fly till golden-brown.
- Serve hot and crispy with tomato ketchup.
Instant Cheesy Macaroni
- Butter- 2 tablespoons
- Refined Flour- 1 tablespoon
- Oregano- 1 teaspoon
- White Pepper Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Macaroni (boiled)- 2 cups
- Milk- 2 cups
- Cheddar Cheese (grated)- 1 cup
- Parsley (chopped)- to garnish
- Melt the butter on a low flame. Add the flour and continue cooking over low flame for about one minute.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk continuously so that there are no lumps.
- Add the boiled macaroni, salt, pepper, oregano and cheese. Cook for a minute.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.
Crisp Veggies Toast
- Finely chopped Veggies of your choice- 1 cup (you can use peppers, broccoli, beans, cabbage, lettuce, carrots etc)
- Fresh or Canned Milk Cream- 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chili Flakes- 1 teaspoon
- Tomato (finely chopped)-1 large
- Bread Slices- as required
- Butter- as required
- Combine the chopped veggies, chopped tomato, cream, salt and chili flakes in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
- Use a butter knife to apply the mixture on one side of the bread slice.
- Heat butter in a shallow pan.
- Place the bread in the pan with the veggies side down.
- Toast lightly on both sides. Serve hot with Tabasco sauce.
Healthy Spinach and Pea Soup
- Spinach- 2 cups
- Green Peas- 1 cup
- Fresh Cream- 1/2 cup
- Butter- 1 teaspoon
- Spring Onions (chopped)- 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Boil the green peas till soft. Mash them with a spoon.
- Blanch the spinach for 2 minutes and chop it roughly.
- Puree the spinach and green peas till it is smooth.
- Heat the butter in a wok. Stir fry the spring onions for a minute.
- Add the pureed mixture, salt and bring to a boil. Add the cream and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.